What checks do we carry out
We carry out an identity check, a check on your driving/ PCO history, and a soft credit search, none of which will affect your credit score. In some cases, we may request additional documentation such as proof of address or identity.
This information will only be used to determine whether you can take out a car subscription - none of this information will be shared with any third parties.
There’s also some criteria you have to meet to take out a car subscription with Drover - this is so that all of our subscriptions run smoothly, and to make sure that we can insure you.
- Hold a valid PCO licence (we need a photo of your paper licence)
- Hold a full UK driving licence (not a provisional licence, paper licence, or licence from another country)
- Your driving and PCO licence addresses must match
- Have held your UK licence for at least 12 months
- Have no active CCJs, IVA or bankruptcy order
- Be at least 22 years of age
Additionally, we cannot insure you if any of the following apply:
- You have more than 6 points on your licence
- You have more than one CU conviction
- You have any major driving convictions in the last 3 years (DVLA offence codes IN, CD, DR, DD, UT, TT, AC and BA)
- You have been disqualified from driving in the last 5 years